Post-Graduate Work Permits

Changes to the Post Grad Work Permit policy and procedures:

  • You can now have a Post Grad Work Permit for 3 years

  • A job is not required to apply for the permit

  • You do not need to work in your field of study

  • You only need a letter from the University stating that you have completed your program of study and your official transcript.

Click here to read the full news release from CIC


Work Permit Application Process
  • The date that your final marks are released or your convocation day, starts the 90-day time period within which you must apply for a work permit. You can only request one letter from the Registrar's office confirming the completion of your program of study.
  • Notification of graduation or successful completion of all academic requirements. An official letter from Acadia showing the completed course of study and/or final transcript (indicating marks or grades) must be included.
  • Remember to update your address with the Registrar's Office to avoid your letter from being sent to the wrong address
  • A copy of your valid study permit.
  • $150 for the application fee (paid online with bank card or paid at the bank with a pink receipt for those mailing their applications).
  • You do not need a bank statement.
  • Check the document checklist for more details and further instructions.
  • Processing can take up to four weeks.
  • You can get only one Post-Graduate Employment Permit in your lifetime.



To access the online application, click here.

To check the work permit application processing times, click here.

For more information, please visit the Official Immigration Website. If you have additional questions, please call 1-888-242-2100 and follow instructions. Please have your client ID number ready.