Post-Graduate Work Permits
Changes to the Post Grad Work Permit policy and procedures:
You can now have a Post Grad Work Permit for 3 years
A job is not required to apply for the permit
You do not need to work in your field of study
- You only need a letter from the University stating that you have completed your program of study and your official transcript.
Click here to read the full news release from CIC
- The date that your final marks are released or your convocation day, starts the 90-day time period within which you must apply for a work permit. You can only request one letter from the Registrar's office confirming the completion of your program of study.
- Notification of graduation or successful completion of all academic requirements. An official letter from Acadia showing the completed course of study and/or final transcript (indicating marks or grades) must be included.
- Remember to update your address with the Registrar's Office to avoid your letter from being sent to the wrong address
- A copy of your valid study permit.
- $150 for the application fee (paid online with bank card or paid at the bank with a pink receipt for those mailing their applications).
- You do not need a bank statement.
- Check the document checklist for more details and further instructions.
- Processing can take up to four weeks.
- You can get only one Post-Graduate Employment Permit in your lifetime.
For more information, please visit the Official Immigration Website. If you have additional questions, please call 1-888-242-2100 and follow instructions. Please have your client ID number ready.